The administrative authority for the OP EFRE NRW 2014-2020 in North Rhine-Westphalia is department IV.1 of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy, Industry, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Craft. It is responsible for the overall coordination of the program in terms of content and finances, and is accountable for the economic efficiency, effectiveness and the proper administration and implementation of the program.
Focal points are, among others:
- Ensuring that all regularities concerning project selection and implementation are being met
- Electronically monitoring and recording accounting data in regards to the funded projects and collecting the necessary data on implementation for the financial administration
- Managing evaluations in order to guarantee the enhancement of quality, efficiency and coherence of the program
- Maintaining the operational program in accordance with economic budgetary management
- Supporting the work of the monitoring committee
- Preparing the annual implementation report and submitting it to the European Commission after approval by the monitoring committee
- Providing the intermediary bodies as well as the beneficiaries with information about the process of implementing their tasks and projects
- Ensuring that rules and regulations for information and publicity are being observed
- Conveying information about large-scale projects to the European Commission
- Ensuring that beneficiaries have all necessary documents concerning the terms of their promotion at their disposal
- Installing procedures which guarantee that all documents (regarding expenditures and audits) which are needed for a sufficient audit tail are kept available.